The Federal Skilled Trade is for skilled tradespeople who want to immigrate to Canada. In order to qualify, applicants must have at least 2 years work experience in a skilled trade in the last five years along with meeting certain minimum language requirements. The program uses a point system to assess candidates. This point system is not the same as the CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) used to rank candidates in Express Entry.
- Applicants must have a “full-time offer of employment”* for a period of at least one year OR a “Certificate of Qualification” for their skilled trade which has been issued by a provincial or territorial body in Canada;
- Applicants must meet the basic language requirements in French or English;
- Have a minimum of two years work experience (or the equivalent in part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within five years before the submission of their application; and
- Be able to demonstrate the skills and experience and that they have performed the essential duties of the occupation
There are almost 90 eligible occupations which can qualify for FST.
FST ELIGIBLE OCCUPATIONS CATEGORY WISE:
- Industrial, electrical and construction trades;
- Maintenance and equipment operation trades;
- Supervisors and technical occupations in national resources, agriculture and related production;
- Processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators;
- Chefs and cooks; and
- Butchers and bakers.
MOST POPULAR SKILL TRADES:
If you are part of one of the trades listed above than you are the most suitable candidate to immigrate to Canada permanently with your family and will also find an excellent job as well.
Contact us or Call us today for an assessment to see if you are eligible for FST to Canada, or Please fill out our FREE ASSESSMENT FORM and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your eligibility and options.