In Canada, work rights are available to international students while studying and also upon finishing a degree or diploma.

During your studies (Off Campus Work Permit)
Canada recently announced new regulations for international students. As of June, 2014, students do not need to apply for a separate work visa to work off-campus, and are eligible to work as soon as their program of study begins.

Work After Studying in Canada After graduation (Post-Graduation Work Permit)
One of the biggest advantage to study in Canada is that International graduates have access to a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWPP) on completion of their studies which will allow them to stay and work under and Open Work Permit for up to 3 years. This 3-year window allowing them to gain valuable Canadian work experience which will help them to immigrate permanently.